Saturday, September 26, 2009

On my bedside table

Sometimes I feel like a graduate student in anxiety & it's many treatments! I'm usually reading more than one book at a time (I like choices) & these are some of the books I picked up at the library & currently have on my bedside table (ok, within reach, but scattered on the floor):

The Worry Cure - by Robert Leahy, Ph.D.
*I love the introduction titled, "The Seven Rules of Highly Worried People" -- read it over & see how many of these with which you can identify. I'm still making my way through this one, but so far it's a great read!

What Would You Do If You Had No Fear? - by Diane Conway
Sweet interviews and stories of courage and a great question to ask yourself? What would you be doing if you had no fear?

Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life: The New Acceptance & Commitment Therapy -- by Steven Hayes, Ph.D.
I love the mindfulness approach already & it's value for those dealing with chronic anxiety, depression, emotional pain. This workbook helps you look at your anxiety in a new way & provides great experiential exercises.

*Non-anxiety related: Bend the Rules Sewing; The Sisters Grimm; The Life of Meaning: Reflections on Faith, Doubt and Repairing the World.

Happy Reading & I look forward to hearing your reviews!

3 comments:

Anxiety Bites Me said...

thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely look into them. Thank you for your blog..it's great!

Nikole said...

Those look really good!

I'm making the quilt in bend the rules sewing right now. And having some major anxiety that my stitching isn't perfectly straight! :-)

Anxiety Girl said...

I've never tried a quilt OR ruffles - I think I've got a lot to learn! I can't wait to see the quilt - are you making it for your sweet girl?

ShareThis