Sunday, December 27, 2009

Doubt

I've been having a fair amount of anxiety this weekend & trying so hard not to struggle, but accept - invite - provoke the discomfort & symptoms. I find myself wishing this path was not one where you have to show up & jump first before you realize you can fly. My wings don't always seem like they can do the job and, really, the nest - while small and limiting - is pretty comfortable some times.

I did find my way to the other side of anxiety once again - as always. I'm just feeling a bit exhausted by the feelings & wishing a magic wand would sweep over me, fairy dust aglow and speak the magic word - cured!

Is that too much to ask? :)

4 comments:

Nikole said...

Sending you strength and lots of love too. xoxo

Meredith said...

Hi. I am so glad I found your blog. I am a stay at home mom of two little ones... quit my busy job when I had my first. My anxiety has been pretty much gone for the past 4 years since the birth of my first child and it just reared it's ugly head again a few months ago! I am trying to be more accepting of it and overcome this setback. Your blog is very helpful and inspirational! : )

Turtle Girl said...

Happy New Year AG! Joining you on your 30 day challenge. I debated at length the 27 different areas of my life where perfection is lacking and anxiety creeps in. I decided to try to focus my energy on someone else instead to see if it helps distract me from my anxiety radio. So, for 30 days, I'm going to try to be extra attentive to the overworked yet underappreciated hubby. I wonder if he'll notice? Woke him up this morning while the kids were still sleeping...so we're off to a good start:)

Anxiety Girl said...

Hi Nikole - I'm feeling the love - thanks!!! Can't wait to catch up - maybe this week?? Up in Nova this week, I saw a place called "Grateful Gardens" and thought of you! :)

Welcome Meredith - I'm so glad you found the blog & hope it's helpful! We're starting up the 30 day challenge on Monday & hope you'll join me for the ride!

Hey Turtle Girl! I'm thinking your hubby is going to love me by the end of the month! :) It was so nice seeing you this week & can't wait to hear how the 30 day challenge is bringing more relaxation & joy into your life, too. Thanks for leaving a message & joining me. :)

ShareThis